Friday, December 5, 2014

GM 6-CD changer fix

My fix-it posts are intended to fill the gaps of something I figured out that I haven't seen yet in the blog/youtube universe to try to give back a bit.  The fix I did last summer for my Chevy Tahoe's in dash CD player was one of my better ones.  While trying to salvage discs stuck in the dead internal disc cartridge I destroyed the subassembly.  At that point I decided to remove it from inside the dash head unit.  The truck worked fine running like that and the busted up head unit laid there on my desk for a few months.

A few hours of google searches and I found a part from Alibaba that looked like the same subassembly.  A week and $40 later, I could play CD's again.  The part is a Matsushita E-9060A 6 CD-Changer mechanism...

No comments:

Post a Comment